Amex Membership Rewards Credit Card (MRCC) offers huge rewards and benefits to its users, this card comes with multiple features and rewards. Here is the review of the American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card, that will help you decide whether to keep the card in your wallet or not.
American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card Fee and Charges:
- Joining Fee - Rs 1000/- + GST
- Annual/Renewal Fee - Rs 4,500/- + GST
- Add-on Fee - Nil (Up to 2 add-on cards)
- Interest Fee Period - 51 Days
- Finance Charges - 3.5% per month
- Record of Charge - Rs 100/- per retrieval
- Cash Advance Charge - 3.5% of the cash advance amount
- Duplicate Statement Fee - Rs 100/- per statement (Statement older than 3 months)
- Returned Cheque/ECS/NACH Fee - Rs 250/- per returned instrument.
- Overlimit Charge - Re 500/-
- Foreign Currency Transaction Charge - 3.30%
- Reinstatement Fee for points/Miles - Rs 200/- per reinstatement
Benefits and Features of the American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card:
- Get 4000 Bonus reward points as welcome gift on spending Rs 2000/- within 60 days of card purchase.
- Earn 1 reward membership point on every Rs 50/- spent.
- On using the card at least 4 times in a month that is account the transaction of Rs 1000/- or more the user will get 1000 bonus reward points.
- On the payment of the annual fee in the first year the user will earn 1000 bonus reward points
- Convenience fee gets waived off if the transaction amount is up to Rs 25,000/-
- Card holder can get the Gold collection reward offer, the rewards can redeem against the 18 karat and 22 karat gold (Conditions Apply)
- Higher limit to wave of Annual Fee.
- No rewards on Fuel or insurance or Utility payments
- No cashback offers on cash transactions.
- No lounge access benefits.
- Acceptance Issue
- High MDR Rate
The Amex Membership Reward Credit Card comes with both benefits and drawbacks, the user must carry another backup card along with the Amex card, as it has acceptance issue I India due it is higher MDR rate, if it is rejected the user has to be ready with cash or other backup card. Also, like other rewards credit card it has good benefits but if you do not want to face any rejection or inconvenience during your payments then it is not a right option for you. This card is especially for those who does higher shopping and spending to gain rewards.