If you have never applied for a credit card and it is your first time then the standard timeframe in which you can hope to be approved for a credit card and can obtain via mail is roughly 3-4 weeks. In case if you are not approved instantly, then count in 7 to 10 business days for approval and for delivery another 7 to 10 days.
Normally it takes several weeks for a new credit card to make an appearance. The time taken to issue the card physically to the customer varies from each card issuer. When it comes to approval it may be instant or due to some reasons, you might be rejected. If you are approved instantly but it makes take several business days for your physical card to be mailed to you. Some of the credit card companies provide a temporary digital card number to the customer which helps the customer to pay the bill online or to purchase things online.
Usually the standard time is about 7 to 10 days to get the card, if not it is better to reach the credit card company and inquire about the status of your card whether it has been dispatched or it's still in process. If it's dispatched and you haven't received any card then it might be lost or stolen in that case you can report to the company and apply for the replacement card by paying a fee for expedited shipping and can get the replacement credit card in few more days after applying.
Getting Approved for a Credit Card
- Applying for a credit card is very easier than before, you can easily apply online for your type of credit card.
- Submit the required information to be reviewed by the card issuer company.
- The credit card company will check your credit history and credit scores.
- After verification, if you meet all the requirements with the credit card company you will receive the credit card by mail after the processing time.
- If you have not received the card after approval goes and report to the company and get the replacement card.
How Long Does It Take to Receive a Credit Card by Mail?
- After approval, you will receive the physical card by your mail.
- The mailing times vary from different card issuers, but the standard timeframe is 7 to 15 days.
What if you have not received the card yet
- If you have not received after the standard time, either your card is missed or stolen, in such case report to the company, and get the replacement card after a few days.
How much time does it take for new credit card approval?
Instantly or it may take time depending upon the type of card issuer.
What is the Credit Card Processing Timings?
- Axis Bank Credit Card 7 - 15 Working Days
- HDFC Bank Credit Card Approximately 2 weeks
- SBI Bank Credit Card 21 Working Days
- ICICI Bank credit card 7 - 15 Working days
- Yes Bank credit card 7 - 15 Working days
- RBL Bank credit card 7 - 15 Working Days
How much time takes to receive a physical card by mail?
What if you have not received your card than your expected time?
Your card might be lost or stolen, in that case, report to the company and ask for a replacement credit card.