HDFC in partnership with Indian Oil has launched a special co- branded fuel card for its users. This fuel credit card is available in two variants that is in Visa and Rupay. This card is targeted on the special audiences from non-metro Cities and towns of India. Fuel spending’s made through this fuel card will earn fuel points to its users, and the same fuel points can be used against the fuel purchases at the Indian Oil outlets. The HDFC Indian Oil fuel credit card is a good choice for those who has higher fuel spending’s monthly and annually as they offer good rewards on fuel purchases, but this credit card fails in other categories like dining, entertainment, travel, as this card does not offer any benefits over these categories. Here is our honest review on the HDFC Indian Oil Credit Card, that will help you analyze the card is right option for you or not.
Benefits and Features of the Indian Oil HDFC BANK Credit Card:
- On fuel spending at the Indian Oil Fuel Stations get t% fuel points
- Get up to 5% points on grocery and utility bill payments.
- For transactions above Rs 400/- at other petrol pumps get 1% fuel surcharge
- The earned fuel points bare valid up to 2 years from the date of earning
Drawbacks of Indian Oil HDFC Bank Credit Card:
- Fuel points earned at other petrol pumps are not at the same rate.
- The process of fuel points redemption is complicated.
- The surcharge waiver capping is too low than the other fuel credit cards.
- Validity of rewards is only for 2 years, hence the earned reward points should be redeemed regularly, if not done the user cannot profit substantially.
- No travel benefits.
- No offers on dinning, shopping, etc.
This co-branded fuel credit card of HDFC Indian Oil is best for the users, whose monthly fuel spending is high, so they can earn impressive rewards and can save on fuel. This card is good only if your priority is to get a new card, that should have fuel benefits, as this card in not a good option for other necessities, as it does not offer any benefits on dinning, entertainment, travel, etc. Also, the procedure of redemption of the fuel points is complicated. Other than these drawbacks, this card is perfect for the fuel category.