Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is a nationwide scheme that offers financial inclusion for every individual of India, this scheme was launched by the government of India. PMJDY aims to provide access to individuals for financial services like Banking, Remittance, Credit, Insurance, Savings & Deposit Accounts, and Pension, etc. This prime minister's wealth scheme is a mission that aims to provide financial services in the nation to reduce the poverty in India.
Check the information before getting access to the PMJDY Scheme:
- PMJDY interest rates- Depending upon the savings account interest will be offered
- Overdraft Facility- Provided
- Minimum Balance - Zero Balance account
- Financial Service For- Poor and Needy people
- Transfer of money - Simplified
What is the procedure to open Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Account?
- Visit the PMJDY official website
- The Jan Dhan Yojana Page will be opened
- Go to e-Documents Section
- Select the Account opening form English/Hindi
- On clicking the Account opening option PMJDY PDF form will be opened
- Fill all the details in the form English/Hindi
- Submit the PMJDY Application along with the other necessary documents like 2 Photographs, PAN, Aadhar, Voters ID, etc.
- at any bank that offers PMJDY.
- To download financial inclusion account opening form Click Here English / Hindi
What are the Banks that offer the PMJDY scheme?
Both the public and private sector banks provide PMJDY scheme, so the individual can either open their account in private or public sector banks.
List of Public Sector Banks
- (SBI) State Bank of India
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Syndicate Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
List of Private Sector Banks
- Axis Bank Ltd.
- Dhanalaxmi Bank Ltd.
- Federal Bank Ltd.
- HDFC Bank Ltd.
- ICICI Bank Ltd.
- IndusInd Bank Ltd.
- ING Vysya Bank Ltd.
- Karnataka Bank Ltd.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.
- YES Bank Ltd.
What are the details of the Scheme?
- The person should not have any bank account or unbanked person to open a PMJDY account.
- No requirement to have a minimum balance in the PMJDY account
- To the PMJDY account holder, a Rupay Debit card will be provided
- Accident Insurance cover is provided to the account holder up to lakh (Terms apply)
- For the first time user, Life Insurance cover of Rs 30,000 will be offered (Terms apply)
- PMJDY account eligible for - Atal Pension Yojana (APY), Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency Bank (MUDRA) scheme.
Benefits of the PMJDY Scheme:
- Loan Approval
- Mobile Banking Facility
- Interest Gain
- Pension benefit
- Overdraft benefit