Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) is a government operated scheme launched for the welfare of the girl child, the tenure of the scheme is 21 years from the date of opening this account, though the tenure is 21, the investment amount must be deposited till 18 years of the girl child, the parents and guardians should invest on behalf of the girl child. This scheme was established by the Prime Minister for the betterment of the girl child for their education or marriage, it is secure, offers tax benefits, maturity benefits, and premature benefit once the child reaches 18 years (terms apply).
Key Points of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana:
- Tenure - 21 Years
- Minimum Amount - Rs 250/-
- Maximum Amount - Rs 1.5 lakh
- Interest Rates - 7.6%
- Tax Benefits - Maximum Up to Rs 1.5 lakh
- Where can Open SSY Account - Post-office/Government Banks
- Age Limit - Parent /Guardian can open SSY Account till the girl child reaches 10 years.
- Minimum Age Relaxation - Less than 10 years
- Maximum Age Relaxation - Up to 10 years
- Lock Period - 8 Years
- Premature Withdrawal - When the girl reaches 18 years (Terms apply)
- Maturity Amount - Depends on the invested amount.
Check the eligibility for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana:
- Girl Child Should be an Indian resident.
- The age of the girl child should be lees or up to 10 years.
- The legal parent/guardian can open the account on behalf of the girl child.
- Only 2 accounts can be opened for 2 girls in a family.
- 3 accounts can be opened in the case of twin girls.
What are the Documents required for opening Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Form
- Birth Certificate of the girl child
- Photo ID of the Parent/Guardian
- Photographs of the girl child and parents
- Click here to Download SSY Form of India Post-Office
How to apply for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
- Fill the SSY Form
- Submit along with other required documents.
- Get the SSY Passbook by paying Minimum of Rs 250 to a Maximum of 1.5 lakh on behalf of the girl child.