Working from home isn't a new thing, many people were working from home as a freelancer, telecommunication, data entry, etc. But afrter COVID, this style of working from home has become a new normal. Many of those who enjoy sitting on the couch and working from home are really enjoying working from home.
On the other hand, working from home blurs the boundaries between personal life and workspace. There no personal life at all for the people who completely work hard and give no tie to personal life.
So, how to stay productive while working from home. As many of us are working from home though it was happy in the beginning day by day the habit of working from home has become a little tough, so how to tackle all these situations to make your work productivity,
- Set a room, that is dedicated to working.
- Define the room as a workspace, that when you enter the room, it makes you feel the purpose that you are home, to work.
- So, create the work atmosphere at the place you work, it will help you concentrate more.
- Space isn't big, just as required for you to work.
Set regular working hours
- Set a working schedule, and stick to it.
- So, every day, like you go to your office for work, in a similar way, setup regular working hours, so you feel like working.
Stay and wear formal during the working hours
Though it is from home, do not go for pajamas or nightwears, be formal, as you be at your office, as you have set the working hours, in those hours pretend as you are at the office, and be like the same employee how you used to be at the office.
Stay away from surrounding disturbances
- Close the door of the room from where you are working.
- As you are at home, many things can distract you, it might be your baby, or the cooker whistle in the kitchen or your wife.
- All these things make you feel work is tough and like to either postpone your work or that may not help you to concentrate much.
- So, avoid distractions while working from home, to concentrate more.
- Know when to stop:
- Set defined times when you are working from home.
- Do not work late at night, fix your time for work, and wind up as soon as you finish your work.
Feel grateful that you're working from home and not in some cubicle, that you are working from home, this feeling will make you work harder and helps you to continue doing work from home.